Dr. Ali Akbar
HOD, Dermatology Specialist
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), FAAD (USA)
Dr. Ali Akbar is a dermatologist with more than 15 years of experience in the healthcare institution from India, USA, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates. Dr. Ali is highly experienced in treating all types of common and rare types of skin diseases including acne, Warts, Psoriasis, vitiligo, hair and nail disorders, skin infections, skin cancers, and birthmarks. Dr Ali is also highly experienced in treating sexually transmitted diseases like Herpes, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia,Syphilis,Hepatitis and genital warts. Dr. Ali Akbar is conversant with most recent techniques used in the management of skin diseases such as biologic injection therapies for Psoriasis, new injections for skin allergies, botox, fillers, and PRPS.
Dr. Ali performs cosmetic procedures including botox, fillers for wrinkle removal, chemical peeling for melasma and acne scars and laser therapy for unwanted hair removal, spider veins, and scar correction and tattoo removal. He has undergone specialized training in lasers, botox and fillers from USA.
Dr. Ali Akbar performs extensive skin general check up for early detection of melanoma and non melasma skin cancers.
- Fellowship in American Academy of Dermatology, USA
- Fellowship in American Academy of aesthetic medicine, USA
- Fellowship in Cosmetology in Paris France
- MBBS Calicut Medical college, India
- MD Dermatology Trivandrum medical College, India
- Member of American Academy of Dermatology, USA
- Member European Academy of Dermatology
- Member Emirates Medical Association
- Member IADVL
He has published extensively in scientific journal and Dermatology text books. He also presented papers in both national and international conferences.
- 2002 – 2005 – Asst Professor of Dermatology, YMC Medical College India.
- 2005 – 2006 – Asst Professor of Dermatology, GMC, UAE
- 2005 – 2012 – Specialist Dermatologist (UAE)
- 2012 Onwards – Head of Dermatology Canadian Specialist Hospital (Dubai)
Psoriasis , Skin Cancer Screening , Vitiligo Skin Allergy , Cosmetology lasers & Dermato Surgery