Dr. Haitham Morsi
MD, MSc, PhD
Dr. Haitham Morsi is an ENT specialist who graduated from Alexandria School of Medicine in Egypt in 2003. He was trained in the ENT department at the same university from 2005-2017, where he earned his Master’s and Doctorate degrees. He was licensed as an ENT Consultant in Egypt in January 2018. His main areas of expertise are endoscopic sinus and anterior skull-base surgeries. He has very good experience in the management of general ENT conditions for adults and children (outpatient and inpatient).
- MBChB (MD) 2003.
- Masters (MSc.) degree in Otorhinolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 2010.
- PhD (doctorate) degree in Otorhinolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 2018.
- The Egyptian ORL Society
- The Egyptian Society of Skull Base Surgery (ESSBS)
- 2016 : Juniors’ contest award at OtoAlex 31 August- 2 September 2016, Alexandria, Egypt
- 2016 : Best presentation award for a rising star at RhinoEgypt 22 February 17-19, 2016; Cairo, Egypt
- 2015 : Joint First Place- Rhinology research award 2015 at the 12th Annual Middle East Update in Otolaryngology Conference 19-21 April 2015, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- 2014 : Junior award for eposter and oral presentation at ISIAN-IRS-PARS November 20-24, 2014; Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- 2012: Best poster presentation award at The 18th Annual Conference of the Diseases of the Nose and Paranasal Sinuses, Cairo, Egypt.
Dr. Haitham attended many workshops and courses in different fields of otolaryngology. He gave multiple oral and poster presentations in national and international conferences. He also has numerous publications in peer-viewed journals.
Residency & Internship
- Otolaryngology Department, Alexandria School of Medicine, Alexandria, Egypt. (Senior Registrar 2010 -2017)
- Otolaryngology Department, Alexandria School of Medicine, Alexandria, Egypt. (Residency 2005-2010)
- Alexandria University Hospitals, Alexandria, Egypt (Internship 2004)
Private Work (in various multi-specialty hospitals in Egypt and UAE)
- Alexandria Ear Hospital. Alexandria, Egypt (2007- 2016)
- Louran Hospital, Alexandria, Egypt (2010- 2018)
- Royal Hospital, Alexandria, Egypt (2011- 2018)
- Ultra Care Medical Group, Dubai, UAE (Part-Time) (2014-2016)
- Royal Palace Medical Center, Dubai, UAE (Part-Time) (2016-2018)
General ENT Procedures:
- Endoscopic Adenoidectomy
- Endoscopic Septoplasty
- Endoscopic Turbinoplasty
- Endoscopic/Microscopic Ventilation Tubes Insertion
- Surgical Tracheostomy
- Foreign Body Removal (Ear, Nose and Throat)
- Evacuation of Auricular/Septal Hematoma
Advanced Rhinology and skull-base procedures:
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) for chronic sinusitis with and without nasal polyposis
- Endoscopic cauterization of SPA, AEA, PEA and IMAX for epistaxis
- Endoscopic repair of CSF leaks
- Endoscopic repair of large skull-base defects with herniated intracranial structures (meningocele-meningoencephalocele)
- Endoscopic resection of sino-nasal tumors (benign and malignant)
- Endoscopic/external frontal sinus surgery
- Endoscopic trans-sphenoidal hypophysectomy (pituitary surgery- in collaboration with the neurosurgical team)
- Endoscopic DCR
Miscellaneous ENT procedures:
- Microlaryngeal surgery for vocal fold lesions
- Oro-antral fistula repair
- Open Rhinoplasty
- Lateral pharyngoplasty and palatoplasty for snoring and OSA