Dr. Shoaib Shahzad Khan
HOD Paediatrics & Neonatology
M.B.B.S., M.C.P.S., D.C.H., M.S., F.C.P.S., M.I.H.S., PhD
Dr. Shoaib is a Paediatrician/ Neonatologist, with over 27 years of Neonatal experience in the UAE. His interest in teaching kept him as Clinical Tutor of Paediatrics & Neonatology in Dubai Medical College for Girls, from 1992 till 2004.
He is a Lactation Consultant & delivers regular lectures on Breastfeeding both in Dubai Health Authority, Supreme Council Sharjah and other hospitals in the UAE. Dr. Shoaib is an official Instructor for American Heart Association for NRP & PALS.
- Diploma in Health Administration
- Associate in Health Care Administration
- PhD,( USA)
- F.C.P.S. (Pediatrics)
- M.S. (Neonatology)
- I.B.C.L.C. (U.S.A.)
- D.C.H. (Ireland)
- M.C.P.S. (Pediatrics)
- M.B.B.S (Peshawar, Pakistan)
- Member of the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council, (P.M.D.C.).
- Member of the Pakistan Medical Association, (P.M.A.).
- Member of the Pakistan Pediatrics Association (P.P.A.).
- Member of the International Health Society, Colorado, U.S.A. (M.I.H.S.)
- Member of the Emirates Medical Association, U.A.E., (E.M.A.).
- Member of International Lactation Consultants Association, U.S.A. (I.L.C.A.)
- Member of International Board of Lactation Consultants. (I.B.C.L.C.).
- Member of the Emirates Neonatal Society.
- PALS & NRP Instructor (American Heart Association) American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Head of Pediatrics & Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, CANADIAN SPECILIST HOSPITAL, Dubai- 2010-to date.
- Dr. Shoaib joined CSH in 2010. He established the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, which has now become the leading Neonatal Unit amongst the private institutes of Dubai. It offers level III care & caters for Extreme Preterm babies 23weeks & above.
- Senior Specialist Neonatologist, NICU, Al WASL HOSPITAL, Dubai, UAE. 1990 – 2010
- Was an active member of the Clinical Team, Teaching Faculty and actively involved in different Management committees in the Hospital including BFHI (Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative), BURC (Blood Utilization & Research Committee), ACC (Access to Care & Continuation of Care), ICC (Infection Control Committee) etc.
- Clinical Tutor of Paediatrics & Neonatology in Dubai Medical College for Girls, from 1992 till 2004.
- Chairman of ACC Committee, responsible for approval of all policies of hospital before they were implemented.
- Member of Interview committee, responsible for interviews of Doctors at different levels of Pediatrics & Neonatology, for jobs in Latifa Hospital as well as for any other hospital under the Dubai Health Authority.
- In charge of the Neonatal Hearing Screening Program and assisted in buying different medical equipment for hospital use. Regular lecturer on Breast