The orthopedic unit at CSH provides comprehensive care for musculoskeletal conditions of all ages. Area of expertise extends from total knee and total hip arthroplasty, sports medicine, knee and shoulder arthroscopy. In addition to musculoskeletal trauma and pediatric orthopedics, our experts use Ilizarov technique for limb lengthening and limb deformities.Our orthopedic surgeons use the latest approaches and minimally invasive techniques to provide the highest quality of care and the fastest return to active life.
The Orthopaedic of the CSH is equipped with the state-of-the-art equipment and procedures. In addition to the routine orthopaedic and trauma surgeries, CSH offers advanced procedures in various fields such as:
- Total Joint Replacement Surgery for various disorders involving various joints (e.g. Hip, Knee, Shoulder) with all types of designs currently available internationally.
- Sports Medicine, Sport Injuries and Arthroscopic Procedures of Shoulder, Knee, Elbow and Ankle Joints
- Reconstruction of Thoracic and Lumbar Vertebral Fractures with Minimal Invasive Procedures (Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous Dorsal Fusion)
- Ilizarov Technique for Limb Lengthening and Complex Fractures.
- Articular Reconstruction (joint) Surgeries for Complex Joint Fractures.
- Paediatric Orthopaedics.
Rehabilitation: This is a unique department headed by Orthopaedics Surgeon Specialist.
The facilities offered include:
- Low Back & Neck Pain Treatment
- Stroke & Neuro-Rehabilitation
- Arthritis & Joint pain
- Cervical & Lumbar Spondylosis & Disc Disease treatment
- Balance & Vertigo Rehabilitation
- Facial Paralysis & Muscular Weakness
- Cerebral Palsy Rehabilitation
- Cardio-thoracic Rehabilitation
Your Program Is Likely To Include:
- Skilled manual therapy.
- Shock-wave therapy for tendinopathies, calcific tendinitis and some post-traumatic bone conditions.
- Therapeutic laser for arthritis, stress injures soft tissue injuries and wound healing.
- Interferential therapy for sprains and strains, muscle spasms and acute and chronic pain.
- Therapeutic ultrasound to break up scar tissue and adhesions, reduce inflammation, increase soft tissue flexibility and improve blood flow.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), paraffin therapy, spinal traction, hot and cold packs and therapeutic exercise.
- Individualized stretching and strengthening.
- Extensive patient education.