The Coronary Care Unit at CSH is manned by one Senior Registrar backed up by three registrars constantly supervised by a consultant. All the beds have a State-of-the-Art cardiac monitoring system all interconnected to a central monitoring unit capable of multiple functions including storing and retrieving patients’ vital data.
Majority of patients are with acute myocardial infarction, unstable angina and congestive heart failure. Patients with lethal arrhythmias, hypertensive emergencies, pericardial diseases and infective endocarditis comprise a minority of admission to this ward.
The CCU also caters to post cardiac and coronary catheterization.
There are facilities for temporary pacing and invasive homodynamic monitoring.
A stand-by 2D Echo machine is available in the unit for use when required.
Coronary Care Unit (CCU) deals with the management for critical cardiac conditions including heart attacks.
The facilities include the latest, highly advanced and comprehensive monitoring systems that provide continuous and exhaustive information about the hemodynamic status:
- Continuous cardiac monitoring for patients with cardiac disease.
- Care of patient pre and post angiography.
- Care of patients with different kind of pacemaker.
- Management of patient with different types of arrhythmias by cardiovaersion or anti arrhythmic medications.
- Administration of high alert cardiac medications like thrombolytic, innotropic, or anti arrhythmic medications.
- Care of patient with intra aortic balloon pump.